Assembler (Sign-On Bonus)
- Work from drawings or specifications to assemble units composed of component parts.
- Use routing sheets, operating instructions and surface appearance templates to ensure proper assembly of parts.
- Adjust, fit, and align units to close tolerances and inspection standards.
- Perform filing or sanding of parts as needed.
- Perform visual inspection of unit during the assembly process and at completion of the assembled unit.
- Perform minor rework on rejected units.
- Perform routine cell housekeeping operations – 5S.
- Train new assemblers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in US without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN. No relocation benefits provided.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment
- 3 or more years’ experience working on an assembly line
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No