Supplier Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for the Supplier Quality activities across multiple plants/divisions. Daily activities will involve working with Suppliers, Engineering, Sourcing, Supply Chain and Operations for the selection of qualified suppliers and improvement of supplier performance to provide a positive impact on the quality of new and existing products within ESSG. The Supplier Quality Engineer will also have responsibility to drive continuous design and process improvements at the supplier by interfacing with cross-functional internal team members.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead and conduct Supplier Assessments to qualify potential new suppliers or evaluate existing suppliers. Ensures all suppler requirements related to Quality Systems on assigned new product developments are compliantly established, reviewed and approved. Ensure that supplier meets all Eaton requirements regarding quality system status and any 3rd party registration requirements. Represent Supplier Quality on supplier selection & development teams for New Product Development, foot-print optimization and product transfer / transition projects.
- You will evaluate and identify gaps and provide training to supplier in APQP Process, PPAP process, risk assessment and reduction including process control development, robust corrective & preventive action and utilization of Eaton tools. Works with the Supply Chain organization to develop new suppliers capable of meeting / exceeding Eaton Standards and drive adherence to Eaton’s Supplier Excellence Manual.
- You will monitor and communicate Supplier DPPM, OTD, PPAP on time submission, cost of non-conformance, etc. and drive supplier performance improvement through tactical and strategic actions including Focus Supplier Program. Works with suppliers to initiate and close Corrective & preventive Actions and to ensure that immediate and systemic root causes have been properly identified and eliminated through the use of appropriate tools and techniques such as 3X5 why, fishbone, and other appropriate problem solving tools. Works with Design Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure that quality criteria are clearly identified on all newly established parts / drawings and communicated to suppliers. Reviews and dispositions supplier PPAP submissions. Ensures all appropriate significant or Critical to Quality (CTQ) characteristics are included, that reaction plans are adequate and customer approval is obtained where necessary.
- You will work in partnership with suppliers and Eaton sites to drive adherence to all ESSG Supplier Quality policies and procedures
- You will actively lead and participate in continuous improvement projects related to suppliers including any internal / external processes & procedures
- You will help identify, develop and/or communicate/deploy best practices across plants, divisions and groups.
- You will help coach/develop plant team members in supplier management activities at tactical as well as strategic levels as required. Provide oversight to ensure deployment of processes and procedures across plants and divisions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of work in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 year of work in a Supplier Quality Engineering/ Quality related role.
- No relocation is being offered for the role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of South Milwaukee, WI.
- Experience with either Eaton EQS, ISO, AS or TS Standards
- Ability to travel 25% within the Americas.
- Experience working with suppliers.
- CQE or CQA certifications from ASQ.
- Experience either managing or supporting ISO 9001 or TS16949 Quality Management systems.
- Formal training in problem solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with suppliers, supply chain, operations and engineering
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time