Associate Product Line Manager
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds division has an opening for an Associate Product Line Manager for our Power Distribution and Control Products. This position will be based out of our Crouse- Hinds division headquarters in Syracuse, NY.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the NEC control stations ($20M annual revenue) including the financial strategy, product development and marketing programs to drive profitable sales and margin growth for products in harsh, hazardous and industrial applications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will manage virtual P&L for NEC control station product portfolio to exceed financial commitments.
· You will recommend, develop and pursue long‑term growth strategy and objectives for Crouse-Hinds products.
· You will identify and recommend new products for development and/or private branding.
· You will implement and effectively coordinate the product development process to insure timing of product introduction and acceptance in the market.
· You will recommend and initiate changes in current products and pricing necessary to maintain and increase sales and profits in accordance with corporate goals and policy.
· You will maintain current and required knowledge of the marketplace to be thoroughly appraised of all new or modified product opportunities as well as developments that may impact products or ability to sell them.
· You will evaluate product success in the marketplace through internal reports and direct contacts with field sales, customers and distributors. Recommend adjustments to marketing and sales efforts when and where necessary.
· You will plan and determine product pricing policy consistent to obtain optimum volume and market position.
· You will recommend and develop marketing strategies and programs along with promotional materials to increase market share of existing products.
· You will analyze competitors' actions, product developments, pricing strategy, product policies, and activities. Prepare and publish appropriate details for use by Field Sales.
· You will prepare pricing and proposals for special products within assigned product families, as requested, by special products, pricing and proposals administrator.
· You will resolve product inconsistencies arising from manufacturing and engineering inquiries, changes in vendor supplies, and customer complaints.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 years of Sales, Marketing, or Engineering experience
- Incumbent must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on a permanent basis
- MBA from an accredited institution is required
- Experience within the electrical industry
- Experience with product development or portfolio management
- Experience managing a P&L
- Solid technical aptitude, ability for numerical analysis and knowledge of product application, product-market characteristics, factors affecting costs and identification of problem areas.
- Ability to problem solve, think analytically and utilize broad technical know-how.
- Extensive product knowledge and the ability to utilize sound commercial and engineering practices to determine and make product adjustments to maintain competitive standing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time