Lead Analyst - OBIEE Support
- Provide day-to-day support, predominantly High to Critical complexity incidents, that are disrupting normal business operation in a timely manner, to ensure timely, reliable, cost effective service to Eaton employees and customers.
- 4Monitor trends in incidents / requests and ensures BSC metrics are consistently met and seeks process improvements to better metrics and customer satisfaction score.
- Leads Performance tuning activities; areas for efficiency improvements. Develops, implements, and continuously improves business processes and systems.
- Demonstrates end to end business process knowledge and Is able to articulate benefits / results and partner with business teams to achieve desired benefits; Influences process integration; suggests innovative process solutions.
- Champion ITSM practices.
- Prioritizes incidents to ensure high impact and urgent tickets are worked on priority and taking leadership to ensure no customer impact.
- Serves as the primary end user contact point for related Support activities and customer escalations
- Serves as escalation point for team, for complex issues.
- Responds to and resolves technical questions and service requests (V. High complexity) from the User Community.
- Works closely with other IT support groups and impacted customers for effective resolution and testing of fixes for production support issues, Build rapport with concerned stakeholders.
- Documents and create knowledge repository which will helps in providing quick resolution of tickets.
- Mentor team members as appropriate (Medium to High complexity).
- Manage CRs (raise, represent in CAB, execute, close etc.) Ensure metrics fulfilment related to Change Management e.g. Change Data Health, Change: Emergency etc.).
- Minimum 5 years of OBIEE support or development required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Technical requirements
- Minimum 7 years over all IT experience out of which minimum 5 years in developing and supporting OBIEE applications
- Expertize in Oracle OBIEE Analytics version 11g & higher.
- Technical proficiency in OBIEE metadata modelling tool RPD.
- Detail understanding of OBIEE Architecture.
- Hands-on expertize on OSSM, OBIEE dashboard, Analysis & BI Publisher report development.
- Good understanding of security model in OBIEE.
- Expertise in dimensional modeling.
- Strong SQL skills, preferably knowledge in performance tuning.
- Basic knowledge of Cognos v8 will be added advantage.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) projects, especially in scorecards, KPIs, reports & dashboards.
- Knowledge of formal database architecture and design.
- Non-Technical Requirements
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Understanding of Industry Standard Documentation Practices.
- Experience in a client-facing role for a top tier or similar consulting organization is highly desirable
- Enthusiastic about learning large and complex systems.
- Results-driven with the ability to take initiatives, handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, logical process thinking and end-to-end system concepts - Investigates problems to establish real or hidden causes.
- Exudes confidence.
- Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as: B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC) or B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering / Equivalent
- Domain experience, preferably in manufacturing organization(s) is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time