Utility Sales Specialist
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division is seeking a Utility Sales Specialist to join our team. This position can be based out of one of the following Eaton locations: Phoenix, AZ; Tucson, AZ; or Denver, CO (Littleton, CO).
The Utility Sales
Specialist has responsibility to achieve an assigned sales quota
consistent with expectations of a seasoned professional sales engineer. In this
role, you will have primary responsibility to manage and coordinate the sales
effort within the customer/distributor base assigned.
The Utility Sales Specialist will sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in a targeted Market Area. Extensive knowledge of the Market area is a must for this opportunity. The position’s primary goal is to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin. Specific functions include: Drive increase in sales in the marketplace. Manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers. Develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota. Develop and implement sales plans and be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to product divisions. Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company employees to assure customer satisfaction. Manage expense allowances and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines, and use sound business judgment to enhance margins
- You will support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management
- You will ensure that accurate information flows to and from customers
- You will implement new product programs as needed
- You will collect, assess, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
- You will provide necessary reports requested by management in a timely manner
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of electrical industry sales experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 + years of electrical industry sales experience
- Strong work ethic, great interpersonal skills, competitiveness, and willingness to learn, as well as be adept at building relationships
- Knowledge of Power Distribution and control products, market knowledge, established customer relationships within the market area
- Good time management, presentation/training skills, planning skills, value added selling, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time