Global Product Strategy Manager, eMobility Divison
Eaton’s eMobility Segment is currently seeking a Global Product Strategy Manager to join our join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. This position will be either based at our Southfield. MI or Tualatin, OR facility
Reporting to our Senior Vice President - Vehicle Electrification, the global product strategy manager is responsible for developing and executing Eaton’s eMobility product strategy for Power Distribution and Circuit Protection on electrified vehicles. In this role, you will be responsibilities for building and executing on global short and long-term product growth initiatives and roadmaps for our Power Distribution and Circuit Protection products supporting eMobility markets.
We make what matters work. Every day we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. The future of transportation is electrified, and our new eMobility segment, which combines the strengths of our electrical and vehicle businesses, will deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles and help reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
- Leads market analysis, growth planning, establishing product and associated service requirements, target segmentation, competitive analysis and industry trends.
- Executes strategic growth plans to achieve targeted eMobility revenue levels associated with the position’s stated product categories.
- Performs and critically assesses comparative performance.
- Provides investment recommendation to segment leadership team and, in conjunction with eMobility product strategy team, manages investment portfolio to optimize growth based on available investment funding.
- Leads on-going product strategy documentation and communication of progress against established milestones.
- Positions Eaton’s products relative to other offerings. Drives innovation throughout the organization, including opportunities for partnership. Works closely with Global Business Development leader.
- Manages products from inception to phase out, including product launch and support.
- Responsible for developing strategies around supporting codes and standards initiatives and industry relationships for eMobility by representing Eaton in electrical vehicle industry task force groups and/or enlisting eMobility team members, and supporting the relationships between Eaton and various vehicle electrification industry representatives globally.
- Resolves problems with existing products working across cross-functional teams
- Minimum of 5 years of strategy and/or product mgmt. positions in a technology environment
- Experience defining product requirements and strategic financial and quantitative analysis
- Experience new product introductions, and development programs.
- Experience in manufacturing and vehicle markets preferred.
- Strong executive level presentation and communications skills
- Superior business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to influence the organization and customers on the strategic direction of the business, and drive tangible and concrete actions to ensure progress.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results in a matrix environment
- Strong technical acumen, experience influence key customers, and partners.
- Understanding of vehicle market and existing electrification efforts by competitors.
- Strong customer engagement and development skills.
- International experience, and working across cultures, and countries.
- Managerial courage to influence and challenge the thinking of the organization.
- Showcase success as a growth champion and a trusted advisor to senior executives
- Technical acumen associated with power electronics preferred.
- Superior English speaking skills; multi-lingual preferred.
- Must be able to travel to domestic and international locations up to 50% of the time
- Power electronics experience in 48 volts or automotive high voltage range (60~1000 volts).
- Automotive or commercial vehicle powertrain experience a plus.
- Program or Project management experience a plus.
- Experience managing suppliers or consulting resources.
- Experience managing test technicians a plus.
- Experience working knowledge of various commodities, cost drivers, and manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent data collection, analysis, and presentation skills.
An undergraduate degree is required; an MBA is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
This position will be either based at our Southfield. MI or Tualatin, OR facility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time