Gear Machinist (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Certified Gear Cell Machinist. This position is based at our Euclid, OH facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will set up and operate various drilling, milling, edge breaking, and burring machines to generate rough and finish dimensions on a variety of parts.
- You will perform operations such as hand operations required to burr, polish, finish, and blend surfaces on machined parts.
- You will perform visual and dimensional inspections and maintain accurate documentation on a variety of parts in accordance with ANSI Y14-5 and the certified operator program.
- You will provide assistance to other operators on proper operational procedures.
- You will perform 5S and other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum one (1) year of machining experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit is provided.
Position Success Criteria:
- Become a certified operator within 40 days of being on the code.
- Complete Eaton approved training program within 30 days from being on the code.
- Pass Eaton vision and lifting tests if applicable.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No