Lead Analyst Logistics
- Implement Logistics Strategy in Americas by aligning with the Manager Global Logistics for Hydraulics Group
- Actively participate in the Global Logistics Council as a representative of the Americas Logistics Function
- Closely work with Americas Logistics 3PL and plants to drive cost-out initiatives and projects
- Participate in Americas SIOP cycles in order to align Logistics network designs with business levels and inventory goals.
- As a leader for the Americas, this position requires an effective deployment of the Eaton Leadership model. The Lead Analyst must be an effective leader with professional presence and skills at developing individuals, setting goals and holding people accountable, leveraging resources, communicating effectively, and building organizational capability.
- Product Distribution Strategy Support: Participate in the Materials & Ops directed DC strategy and support all Lead logistics initiatives to improve.
- Americas Key Supplier Management: Involves supplier performance monitoring; Conflict resolution; Contracts Management; Rate Negotiations; Evaluation of Technological Enhancements; Management of Efficiency Improvement Initiatives
- Corporate Governance: Implement policies and procedures developed by Hydraulics Global Logistics and Corporate Functions to ensure adherence to the financial, regulatory, and compliance requirements of Corporate SCM
- North American Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI): Involves supplier performance monitoring; Conflict resolution; VMI Inventory Reduction; Evaluation of Technological Enhancements
- International Air Freight: Manage and resolve carrier issues; Support carrier transition; SOP development and implementation
- Cash Flow Planning (Transportation): Assist in computing transportation spend budgets for 18 Hydraulics Americas sites for annual profit planning. Assist in managing the same for monthly Rolling forecast process.
- Drive annual cost-out projects aligned with the annual logistics budgets, ongoing CI efforts, and established provider contracts
- Support Working Capital Reduction Initiatives: Develop and present Inventory Reduction ideas to Sr. Management.
- Support the development and deployment of Americas Business Continuity Plan
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience in one or more functional area (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, Materials or Logistics).
- Minimum 2 years of Logistics and Distribution experience, including contract development, performance management, cost and inflation forecasting, freight and duty management, etc.
- APICS CPIM certification
- MBA or Master’s degree in Operations / Materials Management, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- Working knowledge of ERP system (e.g. Oracle, SAP, QAD), databases, data warehouses, and bolt-on execution systems
- Demonstrated understanding of market and economic impacts on Logistics cost and performance, inflation impact, forecasting, cost modeling, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams, develop people, hold people accountable, leverage indirect resources, build relationships with key partners, and manage without authority.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Experience with driving business process improvement initiatives
- Experience in a leadership role in driving change in the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
- Ability to lead a global team in the development and implementation of initiatives in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated history of driving accomplishments through a team
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document complex business processes and systems.
- Advanced understanding of Logistics processes and freight management tools
- Proficiency in using Word, Power Point and Excel.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time