Eaton located in Eden Prairie, MN has a position opening for a Commercial Sales Support Co-op in Hydraulics Group.
We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
You deserve a challenging and rewarding experience where you can make a difference. You deserve an environment where you can develop the skills to be a leader. You deserve a company that has demonstrated a high degree of ethical standards and where “doing business right” really means something. You deserve an environment where your ideas matter. You deserve the Eaton Co-op Program!
At Eaton, we’re committed to “Doing Business Right” and that’s not just a slogan. It’s an unwavering commitment to the highest ethical practices and standards of behavior. It’s how we conduct ourselves in interactions with each other, our customers and our business partners. It is how we support our communities, respect the environment, and it’s a reflection of our long-standing core values and beliefs about people. If you’re ready to do something that matters, and to be encouraged and rewarded for doing it, then Eaton is the place for you.
We are seeking a Commercial Sales Support Co-op to support our Distributors and sales staff for our Hydraulics products in our Eden Prairie, MN office. The essential function of this position is to learn about Eaton’s products and associated tools in support of servicing our customers, customer service reps and sales staff with all technical inquires.
In this role, you are expected to:
Demonstrate the capabilities to provide basic support to our customers and sales staff.
- Support sales in developing platform roadmaps, sales tools and collateral.
- Deal effectively and efficiently with insides sales support with customer calls and emails.
- Support commercial management for key customer programs.
- Conduct data analytics reviewing key customer scorecards and developing an action plan on how to drive improvement.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Engineering, Sales to help resolve customer issues.
- Support key business process improvement initiatives across the commercial organization (sales, customer service, commercial program management, etc.).
These programs provide candidates with great exposure to Eaton and would prepare them for a potential opportunity to be considered for the Eaton Sales Development Program, Customer support, Inside Sales, or other roles within Eaton upon graduation.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered).
- Minimum of one year of collegiate courses completed or equivalent by the start of the internship.
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time