Eaton is currently seeking a Manager, Communications, to join our Corporate Communications team. This position can based at one of our following facilities: Beachwood, OH; Irvine, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Galesburg, MI; Eden Prairie, MN; or Moon Township, PA.
The Manager, Communications serves as a key business partner to the company’s Electrical Sector Communication, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Public Affairs teams, and will be a supporter of our public relations and thought leadership activities related to the company’s digitalization and innovation efforts. In this role, you will focus 60% on internal activities related to change management, employee engagement, communications strategy and planning, and executive communications. 40% of the time on externally-facing thought leadership, media, Public Relations activities as well as issues/crisis management as needed. The Manager, Communications will report to the Vice President, Corporate Communications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for the development of company-wide strategic internal and external communication plans to increase employee engagement, support business initiatives and raise awareness of Eaton
- You will advise and support Eaton’s Senior Managers in the strategic management of communications as well as protect and enhance the company’s image and reputation
- You will be a member of our media response team and a spokesperson for the company
- You will coordinate executive media relations activities; develop central communications skills through coaching & training
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 7 years of experience writing or in Journalism, Communications, Marketing Communications or Public Relations role
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, OH, Irvine, CA, Ft. Worth, TX, Galesburg, MI, Eden Prairie, MN, or Moon Township, PA; relocation will not be provided for this role
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations or related field preferred
- Master’s degree
- Experience in community relations, coaching / teaching, developing presentations, employee communication, issues management, media relations, marketing communications, knowledge and use of social media in a business setting, video creation (ability to write or manage script writing and video planning).
Position Success Criteria :
- Excellent writing, editing and storytelling skills; ability to convert complex information into compelling content
- Creative, but with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic with high standards and the ability to work self-sufficiently as well as in a collaborative team
- High energy and enthusiasm to enthusiasm seek opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration within the communications function
- Capability in strategic planning, project management & and campaign evaluation.
- Tech-savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other communication enabling technologies like Power Point, InDesign, Photoshop, Hootsuite, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time