- You will develop and manage global benchmarking strategy and priority that aligns with our eMobility goals.
- You will select vehicles, subsystems, and components for benchmarking.
- You will define scope and lead projects utilizing external engineering consulting companies.
- You will collect, interpret, and distribute relevant information benchmarking data to global engineering teams.
- You will maintain the eMobility database of electric vehicle and power electronics.
- You will create benchmarking test plans and coordinate execution through internal and external resources.
- You will consult on eMobility technology roadmaps.
- You will track program deliverables to achieve time and budget requirements.
- You will serve as the key stakeholder for eMobility benchmarking information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related technical field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in engineering field
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering field.
- Power electronics experience in 48 volts or automotive high voltage range (60~1000 volts).
- Automotive or commercial vehicle powertrain experience a plus.
- Program or Project management experience a plus.
- Experience managing suppliers or consulting resources.
- Experience managing test technicians a plus.
- Experience working knowledge of various commodities, cost drivers, and manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent data collection, analysis and presentation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time