Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Hydraulic group has an opening for a Production Supervisor located in Eden Prairie, MN. This is a 2nd Shift role.
- You will leverage the Eaton Business Systems (EBS) values, tools and practices in order to drive performance excellence. In addition, you will partner with Operations Excellence (Lean, Quality, and Safety) to achieve continuous improvement results and foster a continuous improvement culture.
- You will review safety procedures and ensure safe working conditions to minimize employee risk to injury and drive a zero tolerance safety culture.
- You will facilitate assembly or component manufacture schedules on your shift by guiding a production team comprised of skilled Leads, Technicians, Machinists and Assemblers. Also, you will ensure accurate inventory levels and keep the transaction accuracy within compliance to accounting principles.
- You will coordinate Department staffing and overtime levels to achieve productivity and financial results.
- You will follow Supervisor’s Standard Work process and ensure all reports are following their Standardized Work processes.
- You will ensure a high level of morale through positive employee relations, and drive for a culture of continuous improvement. Establish/monitor goals, provide performance feedback, establish development plans and provide coaching to direct reports.
- You will ensure effective communication with other stakeholders and also cross functionally share resources to meet broader plant goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment and 1 year of experience as a Team Lead or Supervisor
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering from an accredited institution.
- Familiarity with machining and CNC equipment.
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean/Six Sigma training or certifications
- Union environment experience
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Previous machinist or assembly experience
- CI, ,Lean Manufacturing, Project Management experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time