Specialty Mill Cell Operator - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Specialty Mill Cell Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Specialty Mill Cell Operator will set-up and operate multiple CNC machines, and produce and check quality of a finished part.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will develop processes and tooling for new parts
· You will provide recommendations to Engineering for modified tooling
· You will be proficient in major process steps
· You will have comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes from start to finish
· You will evaluate SPC charts
· You will set up troubleshooting, problems solving and operation of cell machines
· You will be an expert on product and process knowledge for all parts produced in cell
· You will test new tooling and process
· You will program, set-up, and operate all CNC equipment in cell
· You will participate in advanced Lean, Flow knowledge and skills
· You will participate in Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma skills
· You will steward new process development
· You will train level 1 and 2 team members
· You will successfully complete required certifications
· You will train existing tooling to suit prototype requirements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) from an accredited institution
- 5 years of manufacturing work experience required
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Beltsville area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to use the computer
- Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
- Must wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
- Ability to stand, sit, move 8-12 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No