Design Engineer - MTO
Eaton’s BLine Division is hiring a Design Engineer-Made To Order. The Design Engineer-MTO will be based from our Sherman, TX facility.
Works from customer requests and specifications to fulfill special order product designs that require moderate to significant modifications to our standard catalog products. Create SolidWorks CAD models and drawings to clearly and fully convey design to customer and manufacturing team. Review design packets and drawings from other team members. Works with engineering peers, supervisors, and operations team members to satisfy Engineer-to-Order (ETO) and Manufacture-to-Order (MTO) product design requests. Oversees and manages MTO projects, with varying length and complexity, and where and when required, engage the right stakeholders (i.e. customers, distributors, etc.) to arrive at the solution.
· Interacts with customers, sales, customer service and senior engineers to clarify customer’s functional needs and to create alternative designs.
· Translates product designs into instructions for the shop floor (bills of material, blueprints, routings, work instructions, etc).
· Assists in resolving design concerns once products are in production.
· Gets involved in seeking out opportunities to reduce product cost and still meet customer needs.
· Incoming design packets will be reviewed and assigned by the MTO Supervisor.
· Completed design packets will be reviewed and approved by the MTO Supervisor.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
· Minimum of a working internship/co-op/research graduate program or leadership development program with a company where candidate gained design experience utilizing CAD/Solidworks modeling software
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
· No relocation benefit is offered for this position candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Sherman, TX facility.
· Ability to travel up to 10%
· Ability to work on multiple products in a deadline-oriented environment, with minimal supervision and with a high sense of urgency.
· Ability to identify and resolve production issues impacting product design with own initiative and minimal direct supervision.
· Ability to perform work with a high degree of attention to detail to ensure complete and accurate design information is delivered to a range of workflow customers.
· Demonstration of excellent communication skills.
· High attention to working safely in both an office environment and manufacturing/production environment per safety regulations/practices.
· Four-year degree in mechanical engineering (BSME) or related field
· Experience in metal fabrication and product design.
· Experience with SolidWorks CAD sheet metal parts and large assembly design
· Experience with SAP Material Requirement Planning (MRP) Bills of Material system and SAP PLM system
· Experience with AutoCAD
· Experience with project planning and progress tracking/performance metrics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time