Senior Manager, Communications
Eaton is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Communications to join our team. This position will be based at one of our following locations: Beachwood, OH; Irvine, CA; Ft. Worth, TX; Eden Prairie, MN; Moon Township, PA; or Galesburg, MI.
The Senior Manager, Communications serves as a key business partner to the company’s global Investor Relations, Finance, and Business Development functions and will steer our public relations and thought leadership activities related to growth and other key themes outlined at the company’s annual shareholder meeting. In this role, you will be focused 50% on internal activities related to aligning employees around the company strategies, change management, employee engagement, communications strategy and planning, and executive communications. 50% of the successful candidate’s time will be focused on externally-facing media relations, thought leadership, and public relations activities as well as issues/crisis management as needed. The Senior Manager, Communications will report to the Vice President, Corporate Communications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and implement company-wide internal and external communications plans that promote the company’s growth themes; clarify and align key audiences behind our company strategies; and manage change management activities associated with the Finance, Investor Relations and Business Development areas.
- You will manage acquisition, divestiture, joint-venture, partnership, communication activities.
- You will work with the Investor Relations team in the development of the annual shareholder meeting; oversee and participate in the preparation of talking points, articles, blogs, presentations, listicles, fact sheets, infographics, videos, news releases, briefing materials, holding statements, social media posts, and Q&A documents.
- You will be responsible for the production of the Annual Report.
- You will be a member of our media response team, a spokesperson for the company and the primary contact for financial and legal news.
- You will coordinate executive media relations activities; develop leadership communications skills through coaching & training.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience writing or in Journalism, Communications, Marketing Communications or Public Relations role
- No relocation is being provided for this roles. All candidates considered must reside within 50 miles of the following Eaton locations: Beachwood, OH; Irvine, CA; Ft. Worth, TX; Eden Prairie, MN; Moon Township, PA; or Galesburg, MI.
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in community relations, coaching / teaching, developing presentations, employee communication, issues management, media relations, marketing communications, knowledge and use of social media in a business setting, video creation (ability to write or manage script writing and video planning)
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent writing, editing and storytelling skills; ability to convert complex information into compelling content.
- Creative, but with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong work ethic with high standards and the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team.
- High energy and enthusiasm to pro-actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration within the communications function
- Competence in strategic planning, project management & and campaign analysis.
- Tech-savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other communication enabling technologies like PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Hootsuite, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time