Lead Communications Analyst, Communities and Channels
Eaton’s Corporate Communications team is currently seeking a Lead Communications Analyst, Communities and Channels, to join our team. This position is based at our Corporate Headquarters location in Beachwood, Ohio.
The Lead Communications Analyst, Communities & Channels is responsible for managing the company’s internal communications channels. In this role, you will educate, coach and train communicators across the organization on best practices associated with each internal communication platform and ensure content published on the platforms is engaging and compelling. This position will report to the Vice President, Corporate Communications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage day-to-day monitoring of company’s mobile communication platform and intranet sites, which includes responding to employee inquiries, helping businesses with posts, promoting brand advocacy, escalating issues for response, and general site maintenance and upkeep
- You will ensure content shared on internal channels is appropriate, properly branded, contains messaging tailored for the audience and channel as part of our communications strategy
- You will partners with Corporate Marketing Communications to support content development, posting and monitoring of appropriate social media channels
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Journalism, Communications, Marketing Communications, Information Technology, or Public Relations role
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, OH; no relocation will be provided for this role
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Public Relations or related field preferred
Position Success Criteria
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to convert complex information into compelling content
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization, Google Analytics, tech-savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other communication enabling technologies like PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Hootsuite, etc.
- Knowledgeable in email best practices and the CAN-SPAM act, ensuring that laws and regulations are adhered to
- Creative, but with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High energy and enthusiasm to proactively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration within the communications function
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time