Deburr Operator - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Deburr Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Deburr Operator is responsible for deburring metal coupling components. Core shift for this position will be on 2nd shift.
· You will remove the raised edge or small piece of material remaining attached to the coupling using deburring tools such as a grinder/sander
· You will run 1/16 hole operation machine using preprogrammed command buttons
· You will perform tumbling and mechanical polishing
· You will perform reaming operation
· You will perform counter sink operations
· You will use measurement tools such as a caliper
· You will be capable of interpreting technical drawings in accordance with standard shop practices
· You will work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
· You will train new and temporary employees on processes
· You will participate in continuous improvement of processes
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualification:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent from accredited institution
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Beltsville area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
- 1 year of assembly or deburring experience
- 2 years of manufacturing experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to use the computer
- Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
- Must wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
- Ability to stand, sit, move 8-12 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No