Supply Chain Supervisor
- You will execute the materials management strategy to support Production Planning/Scheduling, Order Fulfillment, and Inventory control.
- You will drive resolution of material shortages.
- You will maintain vendor relationship and execute cost savings. Utilize best buy practices.
- You will manage sub-contractors, vendor consignment and vendor managed inventory.
- You will develop, train and motivate direct reports.
- You will act as a backup for the Supply Chain Manager.
- You will support cost savings and control by minimizing impact of CONC (Cost of Non-Conformance), including premium freight and E&O; reducing materials disruptions to production.
- You will provide support for EHS procedures and training, to drive a Zero Incident Culture across the plant.
- You will initiate, support and lead continuous improvement activities within the department inclusive of transactional processes. Schedule and communicate departmental priorities with the team and coordinate activities with other functions within the plant.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supply chain function is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Reno, NV will be considered
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- APICS Certification.
- 2+ years of supervisory and leadership experience.
- 5 + years supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- SAP business system experience.
- Strong PC application skills. Including complement of Microsoft Office Software, with strong capabilities in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time