Hydraulic Maintenance Technician
Eaton in Jackson, MS is seeking a full-time Hydraulic Maintenance Technician to work 2nd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will perform hydraulic and mechanical repairs on hydraulic test stands and equipment with hydraulic systems in all areas of the facility.
· You will perform trouble shooting of hydraulic /mechanical malfunctions on test stands and other equipment with complex hydraulic systems.
· You will perform construction and installation of test stands and other hydraulic systems.
· You will perform routine maintenance, I.E. replacing filters, changing oil, and accomplishing leak repair as necessary to ensure equipment preventative maintenance schedules are performed.
· You will perform hydraulic related 5S/TPM program maintenance related functions as required.
· You will assist Automated Test Stand engineers as required with test stand circuit modifications.
· You will perform duties as assigned to ensure the continued operation and timely repair of equipment which would include making requests for repair parts, maintaining inventories of repair parts and rebuilding units for repair parts inventory.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum of four (4) years prior work experience in an industrial or military environment operating, repairing, maintaining, and/or constructing hydraulic test equipment.
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
· No relocation benefits are being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Eaton’s Jackson, MS facility will be considered for this position
· Welding or fabrication experience
· Direct testing experience with hydraulic components
· General maintenance experience
Position Success Criteria:
· Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships
· Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
· Experience with hydraulic components repair
· Experience with and/or training on hydraulic test stands and related hydraulic systems
· Mechanical maintenance experience in the field of forming and bending hydraulic tubing, fabrication of hydraulic hoses, and test of hydraulic system components
· Knowledge of test stand fundamentals and basic operation skills
· Ability to read hydraulic schematics and related drawings
· Experience operating general maintenance equipment and tools
· Basic knowledge of component parts
· Ability to read and understand blueprints and applicable specifications
· Knowledge of maintenance procedures
· Prior experience using computers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No