Master Field Service Technician
The Master Filed Service Technician is responsible for providing field service support and consultation such as acceptance testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting of low, medium, and high voltage systems; advise customers and provide best technical solution to solve the customer issue; complete assigned jobs with assistance from lead technicians and engineers; conduct required tests and calibration using test equipment; check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with applicable standards. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
• You will provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
• You will maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
• You will provide customers basic applications information via phone or on site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
• You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
• You will demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
Skilled proficiency in the following:
o Basic Test Equipment Operation
o Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
o Ability to run small projects
o Intermediate Test Equipment Operation
o Advanced Troubleshooting Techniques
o Ability to run small outages and projects
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
QualificationsRegular (Basic) Qualifications:
• Associates degree and/or military experience required
• Minimum 3 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems
• No relocation. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius to be considered.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable.
• Experience performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis is highly desirable.
• Experience with protective relays is highly desirable.
• Strong computer skills
• Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
• Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
• Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time