Project Leader - Supply Chain Cost Out
- You will execute direct material cost out sourcing projects to achieve the cost down and project schedule goals.
- You will lead projects through a standard process to define scope and requirements, complete risk planning and user technical reviews, manage the request for proposal process with external suppliers, manage APQP (Advanced Part Quality planning) phase of project, and manage project multifunctional phase gate reviews. Track status and planning in a program management portfolio tool and using MS project.
- You will partner and collaborate with external suppliers, commodity managers and buyers, supply development engineers, manufacturing plants and engineering globally.
- You will problem solve, deal effectively with conflicts and roadblocks, escalating as required.
- You will assess supplier manufacturing capability to meet drawing and specification requirements.
- You will manage the supplier identification and selection within the scope of commodity strategy to support new product development.
- You will negotiate price with suppliers to meet and exceed target cost.
- You will manage the supplier quality interface (APQP) to ensure that PPAP requirements are understood and met, including assisting in issue resolution for components identified as “high risk.” Interface with suppliers, Product Engineering, Central Buying, Commodity Management and the Eaton Plant to drive on-time project completion. Work projects through phase two, three and four of Pro launch through PPAP submission.
- You will develop positive relationships with suppliers and demonstrates Eaton’s ethics, values and philosophy.
- You will adhere to Eaton SCM Procedures, Processes and Work Instructions.
- You will work closely with customer plants and suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supply chain or engineering
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Eden Prairie, MN facility will be considered.
- Experience in leading cross functional projects
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Product Management, Engineering, or Quality
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with manufacturing processes for castings, precision machining, or stamping.
- CPSM Certification
- MBA degree from an accredited institution
- PMP Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time