Mechanical Designer / Drafter
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is hiring for a Mechanical Designer/ Drafter. This position will be based out of our Greenwood, SC facility.
The Mechanical Designer will translate design solutions by creating models and drawings for customer approvals, internal and external manufacturing, assembly work instructions, marketing presentations and other activities that use graphical presentations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will translate engineering concepts into detail 3D models and drawings using Inventor modeling software.
- You will publish drawings and electronic media of models for Internal and External Manufacturing.
- You will maintain Bills of Materials in Inventor, Enovia, and MAPICS systems.
- You will support Manufacturing and Customer Support with Material Instructions and allocations to satisfy lead times and customer requested deliveries.
- You will investigate and Implement approved design change requests per change control procedures.
Regular (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Engineering Graphics or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution and drafting experience with 3D models, or significant experience with 3D modeling software
- Ability to read engineering drawings of complex assemblies and detail components required.
- Ability to create engineering drawings of complex assemblies and detail components for manufacturing required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Candidate must reside within a 50 mile radius to be considered.
- Knowledge and previous use of Autodesk Inventor modeling software
- Knowledge of ENOVIA Product Data Management system
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and process capabilities
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to perform mechanical assembly and functional tests
- Knowledge of Eaton low voltage & medium voltage breaker products and applications
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Knowledge of Bill of Material Structures
- Ability to use precision measurement tools and layout techniques
- Knowledge of Product Data Management systems for revision control
- Knowledge of MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects at same time
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of use of hand tools and machine tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No