Senior SAP Development Manager
In this role, the Senior SAP Development leader will be responsible for:
- providing full-lifecycle software development expertise and services for the growing enterprise Eaton SAP instances as well as key ancillary systems such as PI, BW GTS, EHS, and PTS.
- application support through warranty periods and for the transition of newly developed or enhanced SAP components to the support organization.
- playing a pivotal role in the strategy, architecture, design, transition plan, and ultimate deployment of S/4 HANA as Eaton’s enterprise SAP footprint.
- driving the implementation and adoption of toolsets that will bring expedience and quality to the software development lifecycle.
- owning SAP development standards ensuring that all other development and support personnel are aware of, and adhering to, the development and technical design standards required to implement any fix or enhancement in the enterprise SAP instance or ancillary systems.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 15 years of experience in IT including previous work experience as a team lead, supervisor or manager.
No relocation offered. The candidate will work from either the Beachwood, Ohio or Pittsburgh, PA office.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
B.S. degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
Experience managing global services, software product and outsourcing supplier relationships
Experience working and managing offshore resources and multicultural teams
Experience developing and delivering supplier RFPs, evaluating responses, and selecting suppliers, and negotiating contracts
Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in SAP application and technologies including: ABAP Development, Forms Development (Adobe Forms, SAPScript, Smartforms), Data migration (LSMW, BDC), Business Warehouse, SAP Integration (PI, ALE, IDoc), SAP Userexits (BADI, enhancement spots), Web Development (ABAP Webdypro, BSP), Workflow
- Exposure to SAP modules including MM, SD, PP, FICO, WM, Vistex, GTS, PLM, SRM, PTS, Netweaver Portal, and XI/PI
- Exposure to SAP S/4 HANA
Must be capable of dealing with and communicating with many cultures around the globe because the SAP system is globally deployed. Flexible working hours will be necessary at times in order to lead or collaborate with these global teams.
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and deep political savvy
Must possess ability to effectively manage supplier relationships
Must have the ability to drive improvements across the Enterprise, requiring strong analytical, problem solving, and action-driven competencies
Ability to translate technical information and solutions into business terms and discuss with peers and senior managers
Requires good networking capability and a proven ability to work with senior executives
Must have knowledge of current technologies and be able to refresh this knowledge as new technologies become applicable
Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects and deal with ambiguity
Experience in financial management and controls.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time