Senior Software Engineering Manager
Our Electrical Systems and Services Group (ESSG) has an opening for a Software Development Manager who is passionate about his or her craft located in Moon Township, PA. You will be responsible for the management of development teams and providing technical leadership to developers and testers working in support of the goals of ESSG.
If you’re an experienced technical leader yearning to drive projects that leverage the latest technologies and trends such as NoSQL, big data, open source, DevOps, microservices, mobile, IoT, and cybersecurity, this is the position for you! Not only will you be working with some amazing technology, you’ll also be part of an enthusiastic team of software professionals working to make an immediate organizational impact and having lots of fun along the way!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work closely with the product line team, project managers, business stakeholders, user experience designers, architects, and testers to establish requirements specifications that fulfill the business needs for the various products and service offerings.
- You will oversee complex technical projects from concept, through specification development, implementation, test, and production support for new product development efforts.
- You will oversee architecture and transition/migration of on premise offerings to SaaS and mentor and coach to develop a high performing engineering team as a servant forerunner.
- You will develop project plans and allocate development resources for a commercial product development life cycle.
- You will work with geographically dispersed and cross functional teams to facilitate work across the business group.
- You will adopt agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery values to effectively deliver code in an automated fashion.
- You will establish workflows and controls for monitoring key metrics associated with application development and related system processing performance.
- You will possess and instill a passion in our team for learning and continuous improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ of prior management experience on varied software development projects, demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and people management.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience developing and proven experience leading teams in the delivery of mission critical, high business value products and services on time and with high quality.
- Master’s degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with PaaS technology such as Azure or AWS.
- Knowledge of security concepts such as encryption, certificates, and key management.
- Experience with embedded software development.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Working knowledge of Scaled SaaS solutions, SOA, microservices, REST, API development, message brokers, reactive streams.
- Knowledge of Industrial communications protocols (e.g. 61850 GOOSE, DNP3, Modbus)
- Experience with Industrial, Utility and Commercial control and communication applications such as Substation Automation, Building Management Systems, PLC’s, EPMS in end use markets including Utilities, Data Centers, Commercial and Industrial.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and lead software development teams to successfully support business initiatives.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, keep projects on schedule, and ability to address quickly changing business requirements.
- Proficient in gathering product and business requirements and translating those requirements into actionable development tasks and deliverables .
- Experience leading teams in a fast paced Agile environment.
- Proficient in leading teams using Scrum methodologies for product and service development.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and concepts (e.g. WebSockets, HTTP, TCP, MQTT, AMQP).
- Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies.
- Exceptional communications skills, verbally and in writing, are required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time