Customer Order Engineer
- You will provide project management of orders to meet OTP objectives, reduce cycle times, manage changes to order requirements and assist with product warranty.
- You will maintain current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities, practices, market conditions, and channels.
- You will provide engineering functions in support of product marketing, manufacturing, and sales in line with company and product line objectives.
- You will serve as primary division contact for customers as technical liaison in all aspects of product application, performance, and compliance to specifications and solutions to complex customer problems
- You will review and analyze product configurations and components, perform engineering calculations, and provide input to other departments including drafting, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel.
- You will tackle other related activities and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being provided for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in a custom order engineering environment
- Experience with 3D CAD systems such as AutoCAD Inventor designing electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience in design of electrical distribution equipment or related products, project management and scheduling skillset.
Strong analytical, presentation and customer service skills.
Ability to communicate technical information to customers and manufacturing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No