Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer. This position is based at our Horseheads, NY facility.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for coordinating resources within the QA function to adequately complete tasks required for proper execution and control of established Quality Assurance processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide hands-on involvement in manufacturing floor process flow to ensure quality standards are adhered to.
- You will work collaboratively with various functions in the plant including production, engineering, and supply chain, and is recognized as a leader and expert in QA.
- You will apply QA expertise when assessing and revising production processes and supporting standard work documents.
- You will insure that all in-process quality-control procedures (inspections, audits, holds, rejections) are carried out and followed up with corrective action.
- You will supervise and train manufacturing engineers in the use of the 8D problem solving technique.
- You will act as an internal/external auditor.
- You will support EHS, Lean, PROLaunch and other Eaton initiatives.
- You will lead the weekly scrap reduction meeting. Drive corrective actions
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum two years of manufacturing, engineering, or quality assurance experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Proven experience working cross-functionally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Oracle and Enovia preferred
- Knowledge of Quality processes (RMR, CQM, Control Plans, PFMEA, MSA, audits, inspections, calibrations, etc)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time