Machinist- 2nd Shift
- Operates production equipment according to safety and quality guidelines
- Designs, creates machine parts, fixtures, and tooling from blueprints.
- Sets up and runs manual mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Keeps work area clean and free of hazards including all 5S expectations.
- Keeps machinist steel rack and cabinets organized
- Utilizes precision measuring equipment: Calipers and Micrometers
- Provide technical assistance to engineering, maintenance and machine operators.
- Mentor machinist and SMOs. Help train new machinist/SMOs when necessary
- Perform normal plant machinist duties including operating all Toolroom equipment, including Die Heat Treat. Inspect quality of workmanship prior to delivery to customer.
- Perform minor maintenance on Toolroom equipment
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing work experience
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Minimum 1 year formal machinist training or similar machinist work experience
- Must live within 50 miles of Kearney, NE. No relocation benefits provided.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload accordingly
- Must have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and across the organization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No