Director of Advanced Supply Chain
Eaton’s eMobility Segment is currently seeking a Director of Advanced Supply Chain to join our join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. This position is based at our Shanghai or Shenzhen facilities.
The eMobility Director of Advanced Supply Chain is responsible for leading global supply chain strategy and sourcing activities. In this role, you will define, communicate and execute a global sourcing strategy that will enable the rapid growth of Eaton’s eMobility segment. You will also oversee the sourcing of emerging technology suppliers that support the introduction of next generation products for eMobility, while partnering with the Leadership Team to position Eaton eMobility for continued global scale.
At Eaton, we make what matters work! Our eMobility team works each day we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable for the electrification of transportation. Be part of a team that will design and deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world!
- Your will play a key role in Eaton’s supply chain team as a point of contact for other leaders throughout the company scaling their supply chain businesses.
- You will report to the head of Advanced Operations, and will be the primary representative of eMobility to external partners. You will use exceptional negotiation skills to develop partnerships with high quality suppliers in both electronic and mechanical components manufacturing.
- You will combine the ability to set strategic vision as well as tactical execution this individual will develop metrics, reporting dashboards, and communication of supplier performance to the business.
- You will combine tactical and strategic ownership, including the deployment of processes and infrastructure, analyzing options and driving the cost roadmap, building strong relationships with strategic suppliers, and executing deals that support the rapid growth of the eMobility business.
- You will establish the supply network and construct value chain constellations that create a competitive advantage for Eaton’s eMobility business and pursuits through fast, efficient and cost-effective flow of goods and services into the mobile industry.
- You will drive global supply chain processes and strategies, including setting strategy and goals, and development of systems, processes, and metrics that will drive the success of the business, creating global supply chain partnerships, reducing delivery costs, and driving speed to market.
- You will negotiate pricing, performance guarantees, inventory and payment terms, etc., to minimize product costs and production lead time while maximizing quality.
- You will travel to key component suppliers world-wide to ensure close relationships and closed-loop learning between vendors and engineering to achieve cost reduction and quality targets.
- You will develop and implement scorecards and processes to enable the start-up, monitoring and measurement of suppliers and partners within eMobility’s sourcing network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in material sourcing.
- International sourcing experience, particularly APAC.
- Direct experience negotiating mutually beneficial partnerships with major contract manufacturers especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Experience utilizing ERP systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the supply/purchase of electronic components and technologies for design.
- Ability to travel to suppliers and internal customers as needed.
- Masters of Business Administration.
- A strong technical foundation, with knowledge of engineering design, manufacturing methods, process improvement programs, lean manufacturing and quality procedures.
- Proven success growing a supply chain from the ground-up in a start-up environment.
- Cross-functional experience in Supply Chain, Operations, with both insourced and outsourced high technology manufacturing.
- Willingness to be hands-on and do what it takes to deliver results
- Insights to deliver high scalable processes and quality products in electrical and mechanical components manufacturing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time