Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is seeking a talented Production Supervisor for 1st shift. This position will be located out of the Raleigh, NC facility.
This position provides vision, direction, and daily management of the Depot Repair and the Battery Cabinet Assembly groups that are responsible for the repair, refurbishment, and testing of single and three phase Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) and Battery systems, sub-assemblies, and/or printed circuit boards (PCB’s). This position also manages the facility function for the Capital Plant Operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Engage direct reports in manufacturing LEAN initiatives including but not limited to operator standard work, 5S+, pull systems, empowered work teams, and structured problem solving.
- Applies continuous improvement tools and methodologies that facilitate the upgrade of technical expertise and technology within the Repair Depot and Battery Line areas.
- Manages repair depot and service projects to meet customer and business requirements.
- Proactively seeks out and builds cross functional/boundary working relationships with other key stakeholder groups such as product engineering, product quality engineers, new product introduction teams, customer service teams, product line managers and materials management.
- Provides coaching, motivation, and counseling for employees in assigned area to encourage optimum employee performance and continued skill development. Participate in employment and staffing choices, performance management choices. Maintain all departmental personnel records.
- Drives cost out, flexibility and agility in the organization while supporting the behavioral based zero incident safety culture
- Communicates with customers on demands, quality issues, deadlines, quotes and commitments, whether verbal or face-to-face, deals with their expectations and concerns while negotiating actions to be taken on pertinent issues.
- Responsible for meeting operational performance goals in areas such as; Safety, Quality, Order Fulfillment, Productivity, Cost, and Eaton Lean System.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
· Minimum 2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
· Minimum 1 year of leadership experience leading people or project teams
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Raleigh, NC facility in order to be considered
· Prior direct supervisor experience
· Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and principles
· Prior working experience with SAP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time