Controller - Electrical Engineering Services
- Support the division controller and division director of operations in all financial aspects of the business.
- Direct a staff which includes an accounting manager and three analysts.
- Coordinate and manage all financial reporting and accounting within the business unit.
- Communicate results to leadership and the broader division team to ensure timely and effective decision making.
- Develop and manage month end close, forecasting, annual profit plan, and strategic plan process for the Projects business unit.
- Responsible for balance sheet integrity – ensure reconciliations are completed and proper reviews occur.
- Promote good financial stewardship by helping to control costs and driving forecast accuracy.
- Ensure the existence and competency of financial systems and procedures to comply with GAAP, SOX and corporate policies and procedures to guarantee the integrity of financial reporting. Ensure compliance with revenue recognition practice.
- Provide oversight and assistance to ensure compliance with Revenue Recognition standards.
- Effectively drives and manages change, challenges the status quo and champions new and innovative ideas.
- Demonstrates professional presence, communicates articulately and confidently.
- Exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict.
- Effectively leverages functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet objectives.
- Acts as a business partner and provides thought leadership.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience leading people
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or business and/or CPA
- Prior experience in managing a financial organization within a manufacturing or service environment
- Demonstrated leadership capability, ability to build and develop teams, excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems (SAP/Oracle)
Progressive work experience in industrial manufacturing and strong standard cost accounting skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of sourcing and manufacturing practices and performance measurement followed by Operations personnel
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles an concepts, including pronouncements of external regulatory bodies such as Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, IASB, etc.
- Broad experience with an internal controls environment including knowledge or GAAP an Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operation analyses/reports.
- Broad general business knowledge/acumen.
- Proven experience in budget preparation and budget presentation skills.
- Capable of evaluating talent and building organizational capability. Strong Mentoring and coaching skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico