District Sales Manager
Eaton has an opening for a District Sales Manager in the Utilities group. The district sales manager will be responsible for Alberta and Southeast British Columbia and will preferably be based in Calgary.
The primary function of the District Sales Manager is to market and sell Eaton’s products and services to obtain orders that are profitable to Eaton. The position is expected to achieve electrical distribution and engineering services solutions sales results within the utility segment in Alberta, and southeast B.C. The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base, to increase sales in the local marketplace, and to provide application guidance and technical assistance to assigned customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will develop and implement sales strategies designed to stress value-added upgrades while achieving maximum profit margin and ensuring optimum levels of customer satisfaction.
• You will promote, develop and maintain close working relationships with client representatives responsible for making purchasing decisions. Interact with relevant parties to manage and negotiate sales, and reach agreement on associated controversial issues.
• You will manage or conduct analyses of product trends and competitive pressures, current and emerging client needs, and purchasing and maintenance requirements.
• You will coordinate and make presentations to convince customers of the economic, technical and operational benefits and features of Eaton’s products and solutions.
• You will provide or arrange for technical assistance to resolve customer problems and enhance relations.
• You will develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, utility standards engineers, contractors, specifiers, and customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors.
• You will apply technical knowledge for all products that are involved with the sales assignment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum 5 years of electrical industry experience
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
• No relocation is offered for this role. Candidates must reside within the territory to be considered
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
• MBA from an accredited institution
• Certified Engineering Technologist
• Professional Engineer designation
• Experience in the utility industry
• Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
• This is a field-based role and may require up to 40% travel.
• Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications.
• Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs.
• Skilled in time management.
• Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders.
• Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations.
• Robust presentation, training and communication skills.
• Strong work ethic, communication skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships.
• Ability to gain confidence of customers and become a trusted source of information about Eaton offerings.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
Accessibility information may be found at:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time