Entry Level Safety Specialist
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a talented Entry Level Safety Specialist for the Ellisville, MO facility.
To support the duties and responsibilities of facility EHS Manager by delivering and reviewing Safety and Environmental procedures and management systems related to modules covering Eaton’s MESH program, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 programs and standards. To ensure compliance by data review and implementation of compliance programs, working with program owners.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will facilitate and respond to risk assessments, acting of results to minimize health and safety associate and company exposure
- You will participate in the facilities wastewater quality strategy and utilize compliance tracking tools develop reports for EHS Managers review
- You will develop work instructions, SOP’s, data charts and other tools that will improve the effectiveness of the current process and eliminate non-value added tasks
- You will champion sustainability efforts within the facility and track current waste program effectiveness
- You will ensure compliance with hazardous waste, RCRA, and universal waste programs by tracking documentation and training completion for associates involved in these tasks
- You will maintain and test medical response and emergency response equipment and programs on all shifts, identify areas for improvement, track corrective actions.
- You will communicate and track findings of internal and external audits to EHS Manager, ensure items of non-conformance are addressed according to schedule
- You will participate in 5S audits; cross-functional teams, continuous teams and cross-training opportunities
- You will implement and schedule a Safe Behavior Observation Program that will include positive feedback to associates, celebrating successes
- You will prepare and submit to EHS Manager a communication plan that will keep all associates informed of plant EHS KBI’s, newsworthy events, National Safety Council topics, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Ellisville, MO in order to be considered.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time