Eaton’s Cooper B-Line Division is seeking a talented Operations Manager to support the Pinckneyville, IL facility.
The Operations Manager is responsible for implementing the Eaton Business System (EBS) under the direction of the Plant Manager. Additional responsibilities include execution of defined safety management system, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a qualified workforce, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements. Oversee day-to-day activities and allocate resources to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and annual expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will optimize, implement and successfully manage safety, quality, cost and delivery, including creating continuous product flow, utilizing pull systems and level-loading the workload.
· You will create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work and processes are followed, needed adjustments are implemented and the area is compliant with safety and 5-S requirements.
· You will establish a proactive safety culture of zero incidents while promoting and ensuring the completion of safety trainings and programs.
· You will determines optimum staffing model for the plant operations and value streams. Provide effective cross training and development for a flexible workforce.
· You will have the ability to establish strategic direction and tactical implementation for manufacturing.
· You will direct the implementation of Lean Methodologies and Six Sigma initiatives. Utilize Lean Daily Management to ensure results.
· You will achieve or exceed profit plan manufacturing margins on sales.
· You will promote team engagement and morale through Eaton Values and Philosophy. Ability to generate enthusiasm, commitment and performance from others.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
· Minimum 3 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
· Minimum 1 year of prior supervisor experience
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius in order to be considered.
· 5+ years of prior Manufacturing or Operations experience
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Multiple years of prior Supervisory experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No