Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Solderer to join our team in the “White Room”. This position is based at our Bethel, CT facility.
The Solderer will be primarily responsible for soldering Eaton’s Aerospace pressure transducers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will solder, assemble, test, calibrate, and thermally compensate an electro-mechanical device.
- You will be responsible for assembly, setup, and maintenance of tooling.
- You will recommend design and process improvements to enhance manufacturability as well as test equipment required to perform testing.
- You will perform visual inspection of parts.
- You will maintain quality records.
- You will interface and/or interpret customer and supplier requirements (internal).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of soldering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Bethel, CT will be considered
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’, Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to qualify to AWSD17.1.
- Ability to successfully solder to the acceptability requirements of J-STD-001.
Position Success Criteria :
- Ability to follow written instructions, visual aids, sketches, and blueprints.
- Ability to work using a microscope for long periods of time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No