Materials Systems Specialist
Eaton’s Hydraulics Division has an opening for an Materials Systems Specialist located in Eden Prairie, MN.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Hydraulics Global Materials Systems Specialist is responsible to take a lead role in deploying a Materials System and ERP Process strategy applicable to the 50+ Hydraulics Group sites worldwide. The scope of this strategy includes all Materials processes and tools related to ERP Systems (MFG/Pro), Production Scheduling, Capacity Planning, Business Intelligence Pulse Monitors, Supplier Visualization, Min-Max Deployment, ERP Health, EDI, and existing WMS systems.
The System Specialist will drive the creation and deployment of tools to fill current gaps in the portfolio, and business processes that guide the proper use of these systems, as well as other processes required as part of the Hydraulics Materials Playbook Development. As part of this, this role is a primary linkage between SCM/Materials and the Hydraulics IT organization. As such, he or she will lead and/or be a key participant in a regular communication and project management forum. This forum will ensure that the teams are deploying the Materials Systems Strategy, aligned with the Global Hydraulics Materials and Supply Chain Strategies.
The Systems Specialist is responsible for understanding strategic and tactical system initiatives, performing business analysis, requirements definition and communication, solution assessment, validation and training to enable the organization achieve its goals of managing standard processes. As such, he/she must have significant business operations experience to be able to truly understand user needs and to be able to effectively work with users on deployment.
The Systems Specialist will be working on Global projects. As such, is expected that this individual must be able to work in a highly matrixed, multi-cultural environment, with partners around the globe.
- Business lead for new solutions deployment. Work with business teams to deploy pilots or proof of concept by supporting documentation, unit testing, integration testing, and business training materials.
- Provide the business linkage to the Information Technology organization for Materials Management. Responsibilities include working with IT and business to define business case , help converting it to the standardized solutions by providing knowledge to the IT users on the business process and to business group on the system changes.
- Analyze multidimensional data to identify worldwide target processes and systems opportunities, prepare business case, justify the investment necessary to deliver the solution, and participate in business level improvement committees to ensure systems are aligned to overall business strategy.
- Demonstrate analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, assess alternative solutions, assist in scope changes and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Ensure materials related business systems are aligned with the Global Materials policies, and the overall Hydraulics Business Strategy.
- Work with the Global and Regional Materials Teams to ensure solutions are used in a standardized way in every region.
- Prioritize and focus on specific improvement projects and provide input for setting the priorities of the available resources.
- Complete documentation, lead unit testing, provide integration testing support, and review of business training materials.
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of enterprise MRP and related execution tools, including business intelligence reporting tools.
- Research as required to provide knowledge and input to the IT users on the business process and to Business group on the System changes.
- Requirements analysis, management and communication using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Effectively use workflow and process diagrams when explaining company-standard processes and when capturing business requirements
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in one or more functional areas in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Materials Management
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing/plant experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with a major ERP system (e.g. Oracle, SAP, QAD)
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- APICS CPIM certification
- MBA or Master’s degree in Operations / Materials Management, Supply Chain.
- 5 years of experience with ERP system and associated systems related to master scheduling, production scheduling, capacity planning, etc.
- 2 years of experience with analytical tools and dealing with large volume of data in Excel, Access, Visual basic or SQL
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time