Production Line Welder
This position is responsible for high quality welds of cable tray and fittings for Eaton’s B-Line business in Calgary, Alberta.
• Operates MIG welding equipment to produce high quality welds on aluminum and steel.
• Troubleshoots and repairs welding equipment or system issues as needed.
• Performs routine maintenance and minor repairs on welding fixtures.
• Reads and understands product drawings (blueprints) and manufacturing orders.
• Performs all duties of welder helper including setup and cleaning
• Performs all final product cleanup and deburring as required to produce quality products.
• Enters data into SAP computer system to record production.
• Maintains housekeeping to keep work areas clean and safe.
• Other duties as required.
• High school diploma or equivalency from an accredited institution
• Minimum one-year of experience MIG welding on steel and aluminum
• Must be authorized to work in Canada without Company Sponsorship
• Two-year degree or certification in welding technology or related field
• Minimum three years of production welding experience
• SAP experience
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
• No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80 km of Calgary, Alberta to be considered
• Must have the ability to stand on feet continuously and regularly lift 50 pounds without assistance
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures with little guidance
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No