- You will use of 3D modelling software to produce 3D concepts, models, drawings, designs and documentation for electrical distribution and control products (primarily Fire Pump Controllers, Switchboards, Panelboards and Residential type distribution products) based on the relevant product standards.
- You will develop test procedures/apparatus and perform testing, both mechanical and electrical, to confirm proper functionality, response, or adherence to product standards
- You will develop and trouble shoot basic control processes for industrial/commercial control devices such as fire pump controllers.
- You will test firmware to verify functionality and suitability both to product specification and standards requirements.
- You will understand and apply product standards in the development of product for certification purposes. Prepare, monitor, maintain and Project timelines, budgets, and processes.
- You will provide technical information and engineering support to production, marketing, field service, warranty administrators, and customers.
- You will create instruction leaflet's, bills of material, relevant matrices, charts, work instructions, product structures and provide training.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Technology diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Technology from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with product design or electrical distribution and control product experience.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without any company sponsorship now and future.
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 80km will be considered.
- P.Eng designation or C.E.T.
- Experience and knowledge of basic electrical theory
- Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
- Ability to design and develop test processes or apparatus to validate designs.
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply product standards.
- Self-motivated, energetic, innovative and capable of working in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision working alone or as part of a team taking direction.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time