Mobile App Software Engineer Lead
Eaton Corporation’s Controls and Power Conversion Division (CPCD) has an opening for a software developer specializing in Web and Mobile Applications, located in Menomonee Falls, WI.
This position will reside in the divisional headquarters building, which houses engineering for multiple product lines as well as marketing, sales, finance, and R&D. The facility was built in 2012 and boasts an open office layout surrounded by large windows, as well as 50,000+ square feet of onsite state-of-the-art laboratory space, a basketball court, ping-pong, employee lounge, and grill & patio. Additionally, Eaton encourages employee development and health through tuition reimbursement and an onsite fitness center. With eight Eaton facilities and more than 1600 employees located in Southeastern Wisconsin, Eaton’s local footprint enables our employees with state of the art laboratories and access to manufacturing, all while providing ample opportunities for development and career growth within region.
The qualified candidate for the Mobile Software Engineering Lead role will participate in the design and development of Web and Mobile applications for ICD’s next generation of industry leading products. Primary products are related to advanced motor protection, communications, reduced voltage starting and variable frequency drives for industrial applications. The candidate will create industry leading user experience for the users of these products, that adds value by leveraging Eaton’s IoT infrastructure. The candidate will work within a software/firmware center of excellence together with other team members driving new product and process development while leveraging state of the art tools. Responsibilities will center on software development, but will also require leadership capability from project inception through the full development cycle to release for sale. The candidate must possess a mind-set focused on innovation combined with design experience and the ability to drive all software related aspects of a project to a successful completion.
· You will Establish and document new product requirements by collaborating with marketing, other technical personnel and customers.
· You will Develop software for Web and Mobile applications per the requirements set forth for the intended application, directing the software related activities of a project team as needed.
· You will Test software applications both at a unit test and system test level to verify proper functionality.
· You will Direct and work with lab personnel to develop tests and perform testing to validate proper product functionality
· You will Debug and fix product defects related to software.
· You will Establish project and product cost estimates and time estimates.
· You will Collaborate within the software/firmware team to drive process improvements and firmware sharing and re-use.
· You will Collaborate with global software/firmware teams to accelerate the development cycle while reducing the cost to develop and maintain products.
· You will Coordinate and communicate with other disciplines to ensure project success. Other disciplines include Marketing, Industrialization, Test Engineering, Designers, and Technicians.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years building hybrid mobile applications (e.g. Cordova, Ionic, React Native)
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without sponsorship in the future.
Position Criteria for Success:
- Candidate must have strong understanding of UI, adaptive/responsive design and current web standards.
- Deep expertise and hands on experience with Web and Mobile Applications
- Experience building a single codebase to deploy on multiple platforms
- Fluency in information architecture, user interface development, and interaction design principles.
- Understands and strives for “pixel-perfect” execution
- Strong portfolio or functional examples demonstrating past work
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impacts on the feasibility of design solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Ability to Travel – up to 10%.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- At least one production app published to App Store (Apple or Google)
- 5+ years building hybrid mobile applications ]\
- Use of Microsoft Azure for cloud technology
- Experience with a source/version control system (e.g. Git)
- Examples of past work including functional code samples and finished User Interfaces
- Multiple applications published to App Store
- Working knowledge of REST APIs
- Working knowledge of Internet of Things (C++, C#)
- Familiarity with Material Design System
- Knowledge of Google Maps API
- Experience with test-driven development and writing Unit Tests
- Experience with Native iOS/Android development (Swift, Objective C, Java)
- Experience developing on Mac/Linux
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Databases (e.g. SQL)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time