Team Lead - Regulators - 2nd Shift
Eaton located in Waukesha, WI has an opening for a Team Lead - Regulators - 2nd Shift.
Performs duties in the areas of planning, controlling and motivating the efforts of Team Members to meet customer requirements/order rates, ensuring that the Lean production process is running as designed, and meeting Safety, Quality, and Delivery, Cost and Inventory goals. The Team Leader regularly uses a process to track and follow-up on assigned tasks. The Team Leader is responsible for directing team members and communicating with other team leads within and between shifts. This position works under the guidance of the Value Stream Manager and production Supervisor, exercising initiative and independent judgment as needed.
1. Leads a team of hourly personnel in a specific department to fulfill customer requirements and order rates by producing quality products in a safe and timely manner utilizing standard work.
2. Effective written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to influence others to achieve specific goals. Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); SAP a plus.
3. Gathers information for updating S-Q-D-C-I and HR x HR boards. Achieves Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost, Inventory targets through daily and weekly analysis of production data as assigned.
4. Aligns resources, people, and work. Leads the team start-up meetings and shift changes. Conducts production and floor checks.
5. Reviews prior day’s production-tracking documents to understand root cause of issues. Reviews hourly personnel’s daily task assignments, and creates new assignments to hit Takt time.
6. Establishes preventative actions to meet specific Safety & Environmental Goals and conducts regularly scheduled 6S, safety.
7. Conducts training and performs audits as required.
8. Fill in for Supervisor in respective dept. as necessary.
9. Value Stream Specific Work.
• A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
• The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
• No relocation is being offered for this position.
Minimum 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Minimum 1 year of experience in a leadership capacity.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No