SCM - Associate Buyer
Eaton’s Electrical Division has an opening for a Buyer located in Highland, IL.
The Buyer is responsible for supplier selection, negotiation, purchase order placement and follow-up for assigned commodities. The buyer is accountable for supplier performance in quality, delivery and cost to meet operational requirements and strategic objectives. The buyer is also responsible for managing inventory mix and volume for his/her assigned commodities to meet or exceed customer service and inventory efficiency targets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Plan, release and revise purchase orders in response to demand signals via MRP, kanban, requisition or other means.
- Confirm scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to meet operational requirements.
- Expedite and/or de-expedite delivery in response to changes in demand.
- Maintain purchasing and inventory data such as lead time, lot size, safety stock, cost and payment terms.
- Work with Quality Assurance to drive root cause and corrective action for all supplier non-conformance reports (NCR) including speedy recovery from any impact to customer service.
- Actively engage in the Daily Visual Management process to achieve the organization’s goals in safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory (SQDCI).
- Analyze, initiate and complete root cause and corrective action for any failures to meet customer service and inventory efficiency targets.
- Monitor accounts payable for invoice discrepancies to ensure on-time payment to suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance using the supplier scorecard as a tool to drive continuous improvement in quality, delivery and cost.
- Work with suppliers to improve inventory efficiency through consignment, vendor managed inventory (VMI) or other means to reduce lead time and increase material availability.
- Work with Design Engineering and Product Management to source, sample, negotiate and contract with suppliers for new product development initiatives.
- Collaborate with Division Strategic Sourcing and/or other B-Line purchasing teams to develop opportunities to improve quality, delivery and cost for shared commodities.
- Continually search for new suppliers for opportunities to improve quality, delivery and cost.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business or related field
- 2 years applicable experience
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Relevant computer skills (Microsoft Office suite), SAP experience a plus
- Strong communications, negotiation and project management skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No