Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Product Engineer (Switchboards)
- You will provide technical support as needed for Enclosed Breakers, Panelboards and Switchboards to internal and external customers.
- You will prepare drawings/MI’s, schedule jobs an order components needed for shop personnel to assemble Satellite products
- You will prepare schematics and wiring diagrams for products using AutoCAD and upload as required using POM
- You will assist with specific scheduling for Satellite products; ensure these items are manufactured based on customer requirements and plant’s capacity levels
- You will establish, negotiate and authorize price levels & lead times for Satellite products based on competitive feedback, plant workload and guidance from the Business Operations Manager
- You will maintain good working relationships with customers, distributors, supply chain, Eaton sales personnel and internal plant personnel in support of safety, quality, on-time performance, days on hand and customer service excellence
- You will stay abreast of Eaton technical product developments through training or other means
- You will perform purchasing of parts in support of Manufacturing Orders and proactively resolve all issues to ensure timely receipt of the materials required to meet the production schedule
- You will manage engineering directives from product line engineering and ensure implementation; as required
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
Minimum of 1 year of product engineering experience (including internships/co-op experience)
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Mechatronics Engineering
3 years of electrical product engineering experience
Strong product knowledge of Panelboards/Switchboards
Strong knowledge of controls engineering
Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Mapics)
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and analyze product application issues and drive them to root cause resolution.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well in a small team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
- Must be a strong team player that enjoys a fast paced environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only