Materials QSS (2nd Shift)
- You will setup and operate traditional and precision cleaners.
- You will move material using forklifts.
- You will schedule, load, and unload trucks.
- You will sample weigh parts as required.
- You will clean and organize area as required.
- You will determine acceptable quality by using visual inspection techniques and precision equipment.
- You will operate the shot peen equipment and package parts for shipment.
- You will perform any and all necessary PMs.
- You will maintain and control inventory, as well as perform computer inventory transactions.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of South Bend, IN will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to frequently move and/or lift forgings and dies weighing from 3-36lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk the entire shift.
- Ability to hear and talk to other teammates while working.
- Ability to visually detect quality defects during production.
- Ability to tolerate extreme temperature changes, wetness and/or humidity during production operations.
- Ability to tolerate noise at a time weighted average of 97 decibels and occasional vibration due to use of tools and equipment.
- Ability to tolerate fumes from forge press, forklifts, Tennant Sweeper, welding and cutting operations. Ability to tolerate occasional graphite/water mist from forging operations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No