Eaton’s manufacturing facility located in Arden, NC has an opening for an ATS Quality Manufacturing Processes Team Leader for the Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) product line.
This position is a working team leader position and is responsible for leading the deployment of the Eaton Quality System tools within the assigned area of responsibility to eliminate/ reduce Quality issues and the Costs of Nonconformance. Designs, develops, and implements quality management systems. Oversees classical quality engineering activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be a working supervisor for the Warranty Tech(s) for their assigned product line to address to customer Quality issues in a timely manner. Develop and implement improvements to the warranty process to ensure customer issues are resolved with minimal interruption in service.
- You will lead the Final Inspection Team for their assigned product line to “protect the customer” by ensuring that inspection and other Quality Control processes are effective to ensure customers receive product that meets their expectations. Continually improve the Final Inspection process to meet the needs of the customer.
- You will design, develop, oversee documentation and implementation of quality management systems as dictated by product, contract, business, and/or other requirements.
- You will support and oversee implementation of ISO 9000 and Eaton Quality System requirements.
- You will utilize statistical tools, such as pFMEA, dFMEA, ANOVA, Pareto, SPC, and Regression Analysis as appropriate.
- You will work closely with manufacturing engineering relative to all quality issues.
- You will design, implement, and maintain SPC on key processes.
- You will design, implement, and maintain databases or other applications for the purpose of collecting quality related information.
- You will design, develop, and oversee supplier quality assurance operations as appropriate for the assigned areas of responsibility including the review of PPAP, Supplier Corrective Actions, and perform Quality System Assessments as appropriate.
- You will be directly responsible and accountable for performance of duties and has the authority to take necessary action to address any quality issues.
- You will interface with customers, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders in both the plant and at customer locations to enhance their perception and understanding of the plant Quality systems. Facilitate customer Quality audits and inspections as appropriate to demonstrate compliance.
- You will provide direction for Final and In-Process inspections necessary to ensure Quality products to customers. Drive error-proofing solutions at the source to address issues found during inspections.
- You will provide support in development of new products, processes, and services (PROLaunch).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in Quality, Manufacturing and/or Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be eligible to work in U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Quality Management System knowledge and experience (ISO 9001, TS16949).
- Identify, evaluate and implement cost effective resolution of complex Quality issues arising in sales, engineering, materials, and manufacturing.
- Rapid response to permanently resolve customer product warranty issues which may include identifying the customer’s own improper application or operation of product shipped.
- Facilitate Field Campaigns and develop containment actions to replace suspect materials shipped over a period of time which minimizes impact to customer operations.
- Plan and direct field retrofits or equipment upgrades at customer sites.
- Solutions often require in-depth research and understanding of product design, supplier processes, and customer application to properly achieve resolution of Quality and product warranty issues.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Performs duties in an ethical manner.
- Maintains sensitivity to customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Quality, Manufacturing, and/or Engineering preferred.
- ASQ, CQE or CMQOE certifications preferred.
- Six Sigma Bleckbelt or Greenbelt certification preferred.
- Lead Auditor Training preferred.
- Automotive or Truck industry experience preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time