Technical Support Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical North American Sales Organization is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Technical Resource Center located in Arden, NC (Avery Creek).
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for one of two teams in the Technical Resource Center (TRC). One team provides technical support for Industrial Control and Circuit Protection Components, including motor starters and contactors, soft starters, control relays, motor overload protection products, pilot devices and molded case circuit breakers. The second team provides support for Residential Products including loadcenters, circuit breakers, group metering and Commercial and Industrial Power Distribution Components including dry type transformers and switching devices (safety switches, rotary switches). In this role, you will assist customers with product selection, troubleshooting, and application assistance received via phone, email and chat. There are team members that focus on one set of products and others that are trained on all products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide post sale and presale application and technical support by assessing and recommending solutions to meet customer’s needs.
- You will interpret customer specifications, drawings and schematics to assist with quotes and solutions.
- You will cross reference competitive products.
- You will provide support via phone, chat and email.
- You will effectively communicate product value proposition and product line strategies.
PRODUCT LINE SUPPORT
- You will make recommendations for product enhancements and offerings.
- You will proactively communicate customer needs to the product lines.
- You will provide feedback to product marketing and engineering regarding catalog information, cross reference data, renewal parts information, technical drawings, and any other technical documentation found in hard copy, electronic format or on the website.
- You will generate and communicate sales leads to field sales organization and product line
- You will maintain and expand product knowledge base.
- You will make recommendations and decisions to document and implement improvements to business processes.
- You will serve on special teams and projects to enhance team performance and drive process improvement, productivity, customer satisfaction and a high performance work culture.
- You will fulfill agreed upon individual and team APEX Goals.
- You will need a willingness and expectation of taking on additional/new product lines as appropriate.
- You will have final decision making authority with regard to product selection, troubleshooting, application issues, and all other technical product issues.
- You will follow team established best practices.
- You will train peers in the use of tools and resources.
- Rotational after hours parts shipment support.
- Rotational work hours include 8:00am – 5:00pm, 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Microsoft Office Products
- Enovia (Engineering Data)
- Knowledge Base
- Other appropriate software/web based tools
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- BS/BA degree in electrical or mechanical engineering preferred
- Technical aptitude
- Leadership skills
- Drive for results
- Collaborative style
- Communication skills
- Initiative and self-management skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time