Are currently Recruiting for a:
Senior Design Engineer
Senior Engineering role within the Aerospace Hydraulics team at Bedhampton with a solid foundation in CAD design within the industry or similar. Ensuring projects are delivered to specification, on time and with budget awareness. An Engineer responsible for ensuring that technical, regulatory and commercial requirements are properly understood and the design implementation meets these requirements. Is the technical point of contact for both customers and suppliers, to enhance and maintain relationships.
To take the project through the full development lifecycle of the programme, including but not limited to:
· Design and evolve current hydraulic pump/motor designs using 3D CAD
· Appraise drawings, reports, change requests (ECOs) and BOMs for clarity, completeness and conformity to standards, procedures and specifications.
· Ensure gated Engineering activities are completed per the agreed review timeframes
· To generate technical review data-packs and present them at Engineering Reviews
· Lead technical presentations at internal and external design reviews
· Lead internal and external team meetings
· Ensure timely and consistent communication on progress, impacts and changes associated with the technical directions and status of the projects. Maintain project manager and engineering leadership understanding and support of programme objectives and approach.
· Responsible for producing, reviewing or authorising technical documentation in accordance with company procedures
· To participate and support project updates (Programme Reviews)
· To lead failure investigations associated with Bedhampton product
· To support and champion cost out initiatives throughout the business in line with ELSS philosophy
· To maintain a well organised project filing system and working environment in line with ELSS
Experience / Qualifications Required
· Proficient in Pro/Engineer modelling or similar and producing drawings to ANSI standard and understand design methodology for rotating groups
· Engineering degree (BEng, BSc) or equivalent experience
· Proven engineering experience in a relevant professional engineering environment ideally gained in the aerospace or equivalent high technology industry
· Proven ability to develop appropriate relationships at all levels within and outside the organisation
· Familiarity liaising and managing customer expectations
· Experience presenting at internal and external technical reviews
· Strong problem solving, organizational and planning skills
· Communication skills– both verbal and written, with ability to make necessary status reports
· Knowledge and understanding of the product development process
· Possess commercial awareness when assessing new and potential adaptations to product design
· Able to perform and verify designs using calculations, and an understanding of analysis programs such as FEA and CFD would be an advantage
· Travel- yes 10% of the time
· Working from home: no.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No