- You will develop, maintain, and improve product design and product definition data (bills of materials, drawings, specifications) related to control systems and protective relays.
- You will manage the introduction of new products and changes to existing products.
- You will support production and manufacturing engineering with resolution of production and testing issues.
- You will work with global suppliers and Supplier Quality Engineers to define and conduct supplier assessments, capability analysis, and part approvals.
- You will work with Service, Quality Engineers, Application Engineers and customers to examine, document and resolve product reliability issues. Write product analysis reports for affected customers.
- You will coordinate the execution of functional and reliability test plans utilizing both internal and external lab resources
- You will constantly look for ways to improve processes, products and services; appropriately assess the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering program from an accredited institution with an expected graduation date no later than September 2018
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Milwaukee, WI will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Design experience with PCBA design and electrical controls systems
- Strong analytical aptitude to troubleshoot Analog & Digital designs at the component level
- High voltage design experience and power system analysis experience
- Developing skills in Engineering analysis and digital simulation (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical analysis tools, etc.)
- Developing knowledge in product design, DFM/DFA, and manufacturing.
- Developing skills with PCB development tools
- Developing effective project leadership skills
- Knowledge of Green belt training
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time