Materials Business Team Leader
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Update daily, weekly, and monthly metrics and reports; manage documents and projects as assigned by Materials Manager
- Measure and systematically identify opportunities to improve safety, accuracy and quality, on-time delivery, financial performance, and excellence thru people. Conduct monthly Materials team meetings to review progress of the team goals.
- Drive consistency and effectiveness in team output by standardizing the work of each team member and holding team members accountable.
- Maintain work area housekeeping and assist in department / team housekeeping efforts. Adhere to plant policies and procedures as well as assure adherence to plant policies and procedures by team members
- Update monthly Materials-related BSC, and other metrics as required. Lead Projects and Rapid Improvement Events (RIE’s) as required.
- Actively participate in tier meetings and Assembly Flow Line Team meetings.
- Manage & Monitor MRO purchasing activity and coordinate all cost savings related opportunities.
- Monitor inbound and outbound logistics data; utilize the data to identify improvement activities to generate cost savings and improve delivery efficiency; work with division logistics team to implement improvements.
- Manage team performance, including providing powerful feedback on both a formal and informal basis. Includes using the APEX Performance Management tool to establish goals, objectives, and metric targets, and conducting timely one-on-one discussions with direct reports to review performance, development activities, and career motivations.
- Standardize and document all of the processes that are key for managing Materials activities.
- Support the planning of and activities on the day(s) of annual plant physical inventory.
- Participate as required in general plant and departmental communication.
- Implement and deploy activities to ensure compliance with ISO 14001, IATF16949, OSHA regulations, and all Federal, State, and Local laws as they apply to designated areas of responsibility.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in materials management.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing people.
- Must be legally authorized to work for the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
Relocation is available for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field from an accredited institution. Master’s degree helpful.
- 3+ years' experience in materials management.
- 3+ years' experience managing people.
Experience and knowledge in the following areas of materials management:
Inventory & Warehouse Management
Direct and Indirect Material Purchasing
Assembly & Manufacturing Scheduling
Proficient in Oracle and AMS.
Proficient in MS Office.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time