Regional Sales Manager- Midwest
MTL Instruments, a division of Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds currently has an opening for a Regional Sales Manager for the Midwest region. The territory for this position is Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
MTL Instruments is a world leader in the development and supply of system infrastructure products and protection equipment to the Process Industries.
In this position, the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be responsible for the achievement of MTL Sales objectives for their respective region, and the development of plans and relationships to increase future business. The RSM will be accountable for the Representative Channel in Southeastern USA to identify, evaluate, appoint, train, incentivize and manage the Representative Channel sales force to achieve individual and overall objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Drives the Eaton, MTL products Manufacturing Rep and Distribution Channel Partner Strategy
- Leads organization in commercial negotiations in respective region/sales channel
- Responsibility to manage and drive nominated key accounts within the territory.
- Identifies, evaluates, appoints, trains, incentivizes and manages the Manufacturer Representative sales force to achieve individual objectives and overall objectives.
- Utilizes rigor in forecasting process to ensure all Channel Partners within the territory achieve revenue targets.
- Prepares all required reports in a timely fashion, conduct Quarterly Reviews with Channel Partners, and maintains accurate data in CRM
- Applies Eaton Channel Management tools e.g. Play to Win, Fit to Opportunity, etc. in support of revenue targets
- Increases penetration of products/services into Channel Partner customer/end user base in support or strategic initiatives around diversification
- Serves as liaison between Channel Partner branches within the territory and MTL Project Pursuit and Direct sales resources, pulling in support as required when NPO’s are identified
- Develops and nurtures relationships with Channel Partners through training and ongoing coaching and management through sales cycle
- Engages in co-selling with Channel Partners where appropriate, coordinates additional MTL support (to end user/customer) as needed
- Leverage the multi-channel strategy that is a blend of traditional business and new markets so that any potential conflict between Channel Partners is minimized
- Engage and support matrix activities in line with the requirement of the business (e.g. project pursuit
- Works closely with Product Line Managers (PLM) customer/industry technical requirements for new product, features, and/or marketing collateral development.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in process automation sales
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing manufacturer’s representative and/ or distributors within a territory
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Degree in Engineering, Electrical or Science discipline is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working in sales, process industries
- 5+ years' channel management experience
- Experience with automation and interfacing controls is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time