Senior Quality Engineer
- Manage the compliance, development and enforcement of the test lab quality system as it relates to continual improvement, ISO17025, Eaton Quality System, customer requirements, and third-party oversight for both the Jackson Argyle and Beltsville facilities. Oversee the compliance, development and enforcement of annual audits, both internally and through the 3rd party A2LA certification process.
- Train and develop employees on subjects relating to customer requirements, quality system auditing, and quality engineering tools, as appropriate.
- Provide direction for future technological improvements to tracking / implementing quality system requirements
- Provide quality system support to Jackson Argyle and Beltsville lab personnel. Support audits (internal & 3rd party) on site at the Jackson Argyle and Beltsville facilities.
- Oversee ISO17025 audits. To include scheduling/hosting 3rd party assessments & internal audits. Facilitate failure investigation related problem solving, corrective actions, and process improvement activities, including 8D & RedX investigations.
- Oversee customer audits. To include scheduling/hosting 3rd party assessments & internal audits. Facilitating related problem solving, corrective actions, and process improvement activities.
- Oversee FAA test setup conformity. To include conducting setup reviews and all accompanying paperwork.
- Create/Update/Deploy quality system processes and procedures to ensure compliance with Regulatory/Statutory, ISO17025, and customer requirements.
- Develop and lead an internal audit program to ensure ongoing improvement and oversight of processes.
- Develop, set, and achieve goals associated with quality system improvements which align to Jackson Argyle Lab goals and objectives.
- Identify quality training needs of the lab and ensure those needs are addressed.
- Conduct MSAs and publish results for various test equipment
- Oversee and coordinate calibration of lab instrumentation. Perform required on site calibration as required and train additional lab personnel.
- Work with lab management team to develop and deploy training plans and keep appropriate documentation
- Enforce and oversee test review process to reduce setup errors and improve safety. Train additional lab personnel as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an engineering, lab or manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Ability to read and understand Blue Prints, Specifications, and Requirements
- Quality System Experience (e.g. AS9100, ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO17025)
- Aerospace industry experience preferred
- Quality experience preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time