Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Global Trade Management EMEA - Imports (in any EMEA location)
Eaton Corporate Division has an opening for :
Head of Trade Management - EMEA
Location: Hungary - Budapest OR Any Eaton Site in the EMEA
Reporting to the Trade Lead EMEA Global Trade Management, this position is responsible for identifying, designing, and implementing best practice import platforms across all Eaton businesses. In particular, this position will work to drive automation and import efficiencies across the region through a One Eaton approach to GTM. This will be a highly visible role within GTM and SCM. Incumbent will be expected to partner with GTM Lead, Business Leaders, GTM Project Manager, and GTM Managers to align practices and improve import processes for all of Eaton.
- Develop standard best practices for sites using Inward Processing, provide oversight to the site, and review and train site employees to ensure adherence to the program requirements and maintain the cost avoidance provided through the program.
- Ensure Eaton sites are in compliance with recordkeeping requirements in the local country and in line with Eaton recordkeeping policy.
- Support Procurement to identify best possible vendors from a cost and duty perspective.
- Review trade data to identify additional opportunities to reduce duty payments on imports into the EMEA region.
- Support import related projects such as the analysis of the impact of BREXIT on Eaton SCM and the Customs Broker reduction project.
- Provide training to key stakeholders within the businesses
- Conduct Risk Assessments on Eaton sites with significant import volumes, duty deferral programs, heightened compliance risks, or other potential flags.
- Provide assistance to any legal entity that is notified of a customs audit.
- Partner with Indirect Tax team on disclosures and other items where there is a shared impact.
- Review and approve the calculations of transfer pricing adjustments and other adjustments to import value prior to submissions to the respective authorities.
- Build Organizational Capabilities through direct interaction with the Budapest COE and India SSC and maximize the usage of these resources.
- Monitor and manage customs brokers in use by Eaton. Establish reporting requirements and metrics, maintain standard operating procedures, and monitor post-entry audit.
- Under graduate degree required from an accredited university.
- 10+ years’ experience in global trade management
- Familiarity with the application of rules of origin with more than one free trade agreement
- Demonstrated understanding of duty reduction programs
- Strong project / program leadership skills and the ability to work on a global team with members of varying experience levels
- Data analytics experience to assess potential savings opportunities
- Ability to read and understand regulations pertaining to import and export operations.
- Familiarity with free trade agreement rules of origin and application to manufacturing operations
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Must have strong writing, speaking, and presentation skills at all levels of the organization in order to influence and drive results.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Knowledge of ERP processes
- Proven ability to identify areas where process improvement is required, to develop process improvements with businesses, and to assist businesses in implementing those improvements.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, communication skills.
- Detail oriented, possessing excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to shift roles as required by the group dynamic (e.g. contributor, facilitator).
- Self-motivated and able to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Knowledge of audit and assessment procedures and evaluation of internal controls.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time